According to recent study 15% of employee’s career success depends on technical skills and knowledge. The remaining 85% depends on team work related factors: communication skills, ability to relate with others, work upon shared vision, be part of a common purpose, know how to be part of a team process and build strong relationships.
“Create conditions for better teamwork”
Every organization, as well as every country has its internal and external policies for success. Both should be equally strong, although organizations usually invest most of their resources on their external strength – conquering new markets, products, growing sales and beating the competition. If imbalance in the internal and external strength should appear, that would cause misalignment, internal conflicts and struggle for resources and power within the organization.
Silega Cold War™ is a business simulation that makes participants experience the most common obstacles for team work and inter-departmental alignment. During the six simulation months they have to deal with lack of trust, lack of alignment, ambitious goals, poor communication, conflicts caused by egos, and the negative impact they have on organizational productivity.
This program simulates the war between two alliances – the North and the South. There are ten countries represented and each has different resources (petroleum, food and machines), and different military capacity (uranium, arms). Through negotiations they have to succeed in balancing their country’s population needs and also being active part of the military alliance. In case some of the countries do not accomplish one of the two parts of the mission, then a WAR should be declared.
As the simulation progresses, participants have to discover practical ways to improve team performance and increase levels of trust and resource sharing.
This program teaches team members how internal strength and alignment define external strength of the organization.
In order to be successful in the simulation, as well as in real life, participants will learn how to:
Download Silega Cold War details in pdf format from here